Everyone appreciates the efforts to cleanup Brodhead for the Memorial Day event. I say everyone since may people came by to express their appreciation, especially from across the street and from the former Army Barracks – next to Brodhead, and now apartments.
If you visited Brodhead, you would discover – a US flag hanging from a painted flag pole.
- Andrew Lightbody sprayed weed/grass killer on North side – clean and trim
- The City of Detroit cut the grass around the building, since we picked up all of the debris and cleared the area.
- Hinges on doors have been sprayed with lubricant
- Clean North side – Ben Carson H.S. NJROTC
- Clean South side – James M Hannan Div Sea Cadets, Chip Rhode
- Trim bushes in front – Kathy Lightbody team and Mrs Middleton
- Cut invasive trees – Phil Winteringham
- Multiple clean-up projects – Joe Zendt (former Marine)
- Front island around flag pole – Andrew Lightbody
- Food and beverage – Robert Middleton and spouse, Ed Tuggle
BLUF: Brodhead looks amazingly different
FastSigns is preparing a banner to hang in the front to promote Memorial Day, May 25 at 10:00 AM
Members of the Detroit City Council have been invited to the May 25 Memorial Day event, some have accepted; Councilman Scott Benson, Ombudsman Bruce Simpson. CDR Donald Walker is a WW II Veteran and will attend.
Take a look at https://www.facebook.com/BrodheadArmory